On the Time to Talk Fertility Podcast by Fertility Centers of Illinois, we discuss common responses and emotions that arise after an infertility diagnosis and during treatment, how this varies from a man to a woman, strategies on how to heal and cope, and various community resources that can help.
Being given an infertility diagnosis is devastating, and the news can often leave couples reeling. The female partner may respond and cope one way, while a male partner may lean in a different direction. This can cause strife in a relationship exactly when couples need to support each other the most.
It’s important to know that if you are experiencing distance in your relationship as a result of infertility, you are not alone. But there are different ways to heal and strengthen both personally and within your relationship.
Join us as Dr. Tiffany Edwards shares insight, advice and strategies gleaned from her experience treating many couples facing infertility over the years.
The Time to Talk Fertility: The Emotional Impact of Infertility and How to Heal episode discusses questions such as:
- How do people usually react to a diagnosis?
- How does an infertility diagnosis impact women in particular?
- Is this response different if the diagnosis lies with the male partner?
- How do men handle an infertility diagnosis?
- How is the emotional impact different if the man is diagnosed with the fertility challenge?
- How do emotions evolve in this process?
- How does coping vary from men to women?
- What are some coping strategies that you recommend?
- What are some behaviors that can make things worse?
- If you had to recommend making one small change to help, what would it be?
- How can couples reach out for help while gently giving direction to those who aren’t sure how to respond?
- How can couples protect themselves from critical family members or opinionated friends?
- How can couples connect with others who “get it”?
- How has Covid-19 impacted the emotional and healing aspect of infertility?
- Do couples often wait too long to see you?
- How does a couple know that it’s time to seek help?
- How many sessions do couples usually do with you and how often?
- How can couples learn more about a complimentary session?
The Time to Talk Fertility Podcast releases new episodes monthly and is available on Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Tune In, Google Play and Spotify.
- Dr. Tiffany Edwards Bio
- Susan Rizzato, MSW, LCSW
- Fertility Centers of Illinois – Fertility Counseling & Free Support Groups
Originally Posted by Fertility Centers of Illinois